Thursday, May 17, 2007

I'm not dead. Physically.

It's been a month. Probably a good idea to update, although I'm not entirely sure what to write. I'll have to actually go and read previous posts so I don't repeat myself, and so I can see how much I've failed. In the meantime, have a picture of a beard:



I hope you've enjoyed that as much as I have. Perhaps more! Now then. Back at the start of the year I was working on competitions, and everything was going quite well. Then I shifted focus to the data editor, changed an awful lot, and had to redo most of the competition work.

Thankfully, that has taken about two days (the rest of the time may have been spent scratching various parts of my body). Things are working again and are much tidier than before, so I feel a tad more confident that it will all hang together well enough to fool people into thinking I know what I'm doing. I've still got to add a bit of code that will sort a league table for me. The existing routine just assumes that you're using the same system as the Premiership - Points, Goal Difference, Goals Scored. That's fine but other leagues aren't quite so simple, with the number of flying mice having an affect on whether or not throw ins are worth an extra place or two in the table and all sorts of nonsense. I have a vague idea of how I intend to do that, but actually doing it is another thing.


No comments: