Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Nothing

That's what I did today. Or yesterday if you want to get technical. Monday. I did nothing. Well, I went to work (and did nothing there), and when I came home I was in no mood to do work of an interesting variety. So I had a long overdue day off.

A day off where I completed Simpsons Hit & Run (not a bad game), and then beat the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time. Well done me.

I did have a moment of clarity during the day regarding the best way to deal with all the data that a competition is going to require to get running (you know, storing all the results and league tables), which is a bonus. And last night whilst lying in bed in a frustrated heap (the Sunday Demon struck, you see) I had a nice little breakthrough with regards to those item templates that nagged me during the weekend.

It's good to get away from it all for a day. I'll come back tomorrow refreshed and eager and should hopefully make decent progress. By next Monday I'd like to have competitions basically working - that is to say that any one competition will work perfectly fine regardless of its structure, but all the fancy stuff like qualification will have to wait until a week later or so. If the football doesn't intefere. Pesky real world.

No comments: